Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tri-City Day 2

We were able to get out and play some golf this morning. I shot a 104. I guess you can figure that I am not very good. I like to play, but it is hard to find the time to do it. We are going back tomorrow to the same course. It was pretty nice and I will get a few pics to post.

On to the stadium here in Pasco. It is a nice stadium and does not look too old. It is in a complex with some soccer fields and some other stuff. Here is a view of the field.

As you can see it is well manicured and I haven't heard any complaints about how it plays from any of the guys. I am guessing this field will be giving ours a run for best playing surface in the league.

Now lets talk about the shade here. Or should I say, lack of shade. I don't know what it is about some of these stadiums with no roof cover? My best guess is because of all of the snow they get in the winter and they don't want them to collapse. I don't know. Like I said earlier, this is a nice stadium and if you come here to watch a game you would want some shade. Well here is what they have for shade here.

It looks like a bunch of snow plows or bulldozer things just stacked on top of each other. Rumor has it that it cost well over one million dollars also. It is just on the first base side of the stadium

It seems like it does the job when the game starts if you are sitting on that side of the stadium or behind the plate. It just seems like it only covers so much. I bet the guys sitting behind the plate here wish there was a roof so they could find some shade.

They might not have found it where they are sitting in this picture, but if there was a roof they could at least find some shade.

Otherwise, this place is a good place to be. Nice hotel with plenty to do around it. Nice stadium with a good training room. Golf 2 out of the 3 days we are here.

Tomorrow I'll post some golf pics and maybe some mascot pics of the little guy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment