Monday, August 3, 2009

Salem Day 1

We got into Salem, OR at about 11:30 last night and checked into the hotel. When we arrive I get off the bus and head over to the front desk. I answer any questions they have about our stay and then they give me all of the keys. By the time I get back outside, a lot of they guys are off the bus and looking for their bags from the cluster of them piled underneath. I then get to pass out all of the keys and yell out to everyone what time the bus to the field is the next day.

Today, I got up and went with Josue Perez (hitting coach) to run a few errands. His computer has not been working right, so we had to go to a UPS store to overnight it Arlington. We had a friendly taxi driver that took us there and it was right next to a Fred Meyer. Perfect. While we were there I headed in and bought bread, oranges, and bananas for the 5 game series. Ack, the clubbie, usually puts this stuff on the bus, but with the longer trip it was easier for me to just buy it here to save on the space. Bread takes up a lot of it. As we were driving, the cab driver asked us about who we were and stuff. Come to find out he used to work at the stadium and might call me for tickets while we are here. He didn't charge us while he waited for us in the store and even cut the meter a bit short to keep it on a nice even number for us. Good dude.

When we got back to the hotel, we dropped off the food and decided to walk over to Denny's for some lunch. This hotel is not in a very good location. Not a lot of food options. It seemed like Denny' or Costco for us and neither of us had a Costco card. We had a nice lunch and on the way walking, the cab driver saw us and offered to give us a ride for no charge over there. It's not too far so it was easier to just walk. When we got back we saw JT (pitching coach) and he said that if we walked a bit further we would've found a Wal-Mart, Panda Express, Taco something, and a few other things. That's good to know for the next few days so I don't eat Denny's every day. Interesting thing up here, Denny's has beer.



Got an hour and a half left until the bus to the field. Work computer is not showing me any icons when I turn it on. Great.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment