Sunday, August 2, 2009

Off Day

So today is our second off day of the year. As in most minor league "off days", this is a travel day for us. We are currently on the bus headed to Salem, OR for 5 games and then to Tri-City, WA for 3. This wasn't too bad because we didn't leave until 4:00 in the afternoon.



That left an open morning for golf.



This is the first that I have played since extended spring ended because my family just left to head back home. When they are gone, I have more down time and am able to play more. It sucks that they left, but at least now I can get on the course. I would definitely trade in a day of golf to have them back, but that's the way it is. We drove out to Post Falls, ID about 30 minutes from Spokane and played at a nice course called Prarie Falls. I didn't par a single hole and ended up shooting a 109. I know, I suck. The pic is a nice view from above the 18th tee box where Justin Thompson (pitching coach) is teeing off and Tim Hulett (manager) and Chris Ackerman (clubhouse manager) are admiring his sweet stroke. You can see a few of the other holes down and too the right. Like they say, a bad day golfing is better than a good day working....or something like that.



Well, 6 more hours to Salem. At least I have my own seat.



No comments:

Post a Comment