Friday, August 7, 2009

Salem Day 5/Hotel

Finally the last game here in Salem-Keizer is tonight. Sorry Keizer, I haven't been giving you enough credit for being boring along with your partner city Salem. I finally got to sleep in today now that I found that "do not disturb" sign. I got up about 10:30 and at about noon went with JT to grab a bite to eat. We decided on Taco Del Mar because the other options were Denny's (tired of that place) or Panda Express (JT's tired of that place). I had the burrito/taco combo. Decided on chicken burrito and steak taco. The chips and salsa were surprisingly good. I would definitely recommend that salsa, tasted like home. Overall, it wasn't bad, I'd eat there again. After that we walked next door to Wal-Mart and walked around a bit. I had to pick up a few fantasy football magazines. Got a few upcoming drafts to prepare for. I figured I should do a little bit of research before I head into those things. Then we came back to the hotel.

This hotel is a pretty nice one. Over the years I have generally figured the nicer the hotel, the less there is to do near it. (Examples: Jackson, MS-Great Doubletree Hotel, not too many food options and no taxis. Savannah, GA-Brutal Days Inn, mall across the street and tons of fast food and restaurants. Same with Birmingham, AL.) That kinda fits with this one. We are staying at a Comfort Suites. It is clean, nice, and the staff is friendly. The only gripe I have is the hiding of the DND sign in the closet! Seriously, when have you ever seen that? Brutal. Here are a few pics of my room. I finally got the camera working again. The only cost was ALL the pics I took at Nike.


Above is a view from the door looking in. The back half has a nice, big bed with the TV and the a/c. The room is separated by that little half wall thing. In the front half is a desk, couch, chair, table, and desk which you can see below.

Right when you walk in that door the bathroom is to one side and the other side has the closet along with a small fridge and microwave. It is a small room, but it has a nice layout and is comfortable. On the road, depending on the game time, we will have a bus between 3:15 and 4:00. It is pretty important to have a comfortable hotel and/or something to do near it because we spend the majority of the day there.

It's 3:30 and we have a 4:00 bus. Gonna do most of my packing now. We have an 8:00 am bus tomorrow for Tri-City, WA for a 3 game series.

I will try to get some pics of the mascots here tonight and put them up. Pretty interesting to say the least.....

No comments:

Post a Comment