Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Salem Day 2

So now we begin day 2 in Salem. Got up this morning around 9:30. Made my first gym bus of the year at 10:30. I decided to ease back into it and just hit the treadmill at 6.5 mph for 20 minutes. I'm already sore. We came back to the hotel around noon and hit up the friendly neighborhood Denny's for lunch once again. I started off with a side salad and then decided that since I worked out this morning I would "play for the tie" and have the appetizer sampler platter for lunch. Not that great an idea.

Bus to the stadium in in about 20 minutes. We won again last night. That brings us to 4-0 after the meeting if I'm not mistaken. Here is a picture of Salem-Keizer's field from the left field line.

Our dugout is right there on the 3rd base side. There is no shade for fans at this place and that sucks for them right now in this record heat. Maybe that's why nobody comes to the games.... Decent field, below average crowds. The weird thing here is our clubhouse setup. Imagine going from the dugout to the clubhouse like this.

We go out of the dugout and up the little stairway on the right. We then walk behind some fans on lawn chairs at the top of the hill to the right and in front of the stands right there. We go around the back of the stands by the concession stand and underneath them. Our clubhouse is back there. Cool for the fans to have us mingling, but not so cool for us.

Tomorrow we are headed to the world of Nike in Beaverton, OR. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment