Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Salem Day 3

I'm kinda pissed right now. We spent the morning at the Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, OR and I took tons of pics. Well, I just tried to download them and none of them worked. And I can't figure out what's wrong. I decided to copy all of the pics on my memory card to my computer and then I'm going to reformat the card. Hopefully that works. If not then I don't know what to do.

On to the good part. We left this morning at 9:00, which is pretty early in baseball time, to head over to Beaverton. There were about 20 guys who decided to wake up and go. First we headed to the employee store where they have plenty of good stuff for up to a little over 50% off the retail price. Between all of us, plenty of money was spent in there in a little over an hour and a half. Almost everyone got shoes and the rest from running gloves and hats all the way to a full new golf ensemble along with new clubs. I got myself a few shirts, some sweats, and some Nike+ running stuff for the iPod along with new headphones. I also got Mia 3 pairs of shoes and a few nice little outfits and Toni a jacket, workout pants, a few sportsbras and a watch. All in all a great visit. Can't pass up the discount!

Next we went over to the Nike campus. One of our pitchers, Matt Thompson, has a cousin, Heather (Thanks for everything!), that took us on a great tour of the place. It is the place to work! They have 2 daycare centers, a full cafeteria, and tons of places to workout. As long as you get your work done, it seems like they encourage all of the employees to stay fit. They had soccer fields, sand volleyball, swimming pool, putting green, tennis courts, rock wall, running trails, and the standard gym. I think I saw more people excercising than working at that place! She said that they have 6,000 employees there. Sorry there are no pics, but the campus is beautiful. All of the buildings are named after one of their elite athletes. The ones that I can think of are Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Nolan Ryan, Mike Schmidt, Ken Griffey Jr, Dan Fouts, Jerry Rice, Pete Sampras, Mia Hamm, Lance Armstrong, Steve Prefontaine, and a few other guys. I will try to get pics from some of the other guys that took some. Hopefully they had cameras that worked.

We also won tonight's game 6-2. I don't know if it was the meeting that turned us around or the blog. I'm guessing it was the blog.....

Here are a few cool pics from last night's game. The moon was in a cool spot and thought I would try a pic. They are from my phone, so not that great quality, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment