Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Job Status

I had a job offer at the University of New Mexico to be an assistant athletic trainer and be in charge of baseball. It looked like I was finally going to have a job at home. We went through the whole application/interview process and we were just waiting to get final approval so I could start. We were so close. In the end they weren't able to come up with the salary that I was expecting which threw a curve ball into the plans. Luckily, the Rangers were accepting of me talking to UNM about that job and told me if it didn't work out, I would still have a job with them. After MUCH deliberating and back and forth conversation about pros and cons of both jobs, we decided it was going to be a better situation to return to the Rangers. This has basically been almost 2 months of waiting, but I guess in the end I'm meant to be a Ranger. The blog almost turned into "The Life of a D-1 College Assistant Athletic Trainer". I don't think it would have been as entertaining......

No comments:

Post a Comment