Friday, October 9, 2009

Home Alone

This weekend my wife and daughter took a trip to California to visit her cousin and son who is around the same age as Mia. During the days leading up the them leaving, I got to thinking.....I have never been at our home alone.

It sounds weird.

I have been alone in plenty of other places around the country. I'm alone during spring training every year with the exception of a week this past year, I'm alone for the majority of any fall leagues that I have done other than short visits, I'm alone for the beginning of every season, and I'm alone for the end of every season. Doing some quick calculations gets me to being without my family for about 3-4 months total in any given year. I've had the house to myself in Vero Beach, Jacksonville, Albany, Columbus, Great Falls, Peoria, Surprise, and Spokane. I have also spent time by myself in hotels in at least half of the states in USA.

This is the first time that I have been alone in my own home. What the heck am I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment