Friday, July 31, 2009

Spokane Athletic Training Room

Here are some pics of the home clubhouse athletic training room in Spokane. This is where I do the majority of my work. Athletic training rooms are safe havens for players. They are one of the few player-only locations in clubhouses. At the short-season A ball level we don't have to worry about media, but the higher you get the more media there is. In the big leagues no media are allowed in the athletic training room, but are granted clubhouse access so this is where guys can go to get away. Also it serves as a good hang out spot with our comfy tables and friendly staff. This one is pretty small so it's generally pretty quiet. Anyway....on to the pics















From the doorway looking to the left. Denny Duron taping up for the game. Scale right there along with small area with tape, powder, sunscreen. Mostly things that guys just pop in for.



Looking to the opposite corner of the room. Jason Ogata and Robbie Ross prepping. You can see Duron there on the left. That back counter has all of the creams, OTC meds, band aids, etc. I can keep a closer eye on who is taking that stuff since they have to come all the way in to get what they need.



Looking straight in from the door. Ken Masumoto and Nap Pichardo sitting in front of my locker and the strength and conditioning coach's locker. And my desk. No fancy office here.




View from the back looking toward the door. As you can see, not a lot of storage space......or space period for that matter. It's cozy. Gotta make do with what I got.
There you have it. My "office"

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't this be considered media in the clubhouse? If I were on your team, I'd feel violated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I miss is your training room ALWAYS being well stocked...

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete